We are looking for a Senior Finance Data Specialist (SFDS) who is responsible for complex accounting tasks and ensures that all the accounting deadlines are met in a timely manner and of proper quality. As SFDS, you will support the Head of Accounting to ensure finance data quality. You will have ownership and responsibility for the assigned area related to our core business and perform more complicated finance analysis. Furthermore, you will prepare and book month-end entries and will be driving or cooperating on cross-departmental projects. Last but not least, you will assist other departments with finance related issues and mentors less experienced colleagues. If you are experienced in financial analysis and accounting, we believe we have something to offer!
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Support the Head of Accounting to be able to complete assigned accounting tasks within given deadlines
- Actively participate in internal controls execution and improvement of accounting processes, policies, and reconciliations
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for assigned areas and review the reconciliations of junior colleagues
- Monitor the month-end closing process and ensure that all tasks are delivered on time.
- Support finance-wise new cross-departmental projects on a needed basis
- Cooperation and support of other departments regarding finance related data and analysis.
- Be ready to mentor and share knowledge with less experienced colleagues.
We would like to see you apply if you have:
- 3 – 4 years of relevant experience in finance (accounting/audit/reporting)
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles, CZ GAAP and at least theoretical knowledge IFRS
- Minimum bachelor degree in economics, ideally in finance/accounting
- Advanced English communication skills (B2/C1) and speak fluent Czech/Slovak
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and at least basic knowledge of SQL would be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build and enhance relationships across teams
- Solution-oriented personality and can co-create atmosphere conducive to continual improvements
- A self-motivated spirit who can work proactively and efficiently on both individual and team assignments, and do understand the ownership of assigned tasks
- An eye for detail and a bright, analytical and data loving mind who is always very well organized and possesses a powerful ability of prioritization
- Persistent and independent strong ‘can do’ attitude
- At least some experience of leading/mentoring junior colleagues or you can imagine to do so because you are happy to share your knowledge
Things that we offer and you might love about us:
We like to think we are a fun bunch to work with, and you will get to see how a young, vibrant yet global company disrupts the travel industry.
You will work in one of the most promising tech companies (awarded Forbes Startup of 2017, Super-brand Award 2017, Deloitte Technology Fast 50 – the fastest growing technology company in Central Europe), and we will give you:
- Quarterly financial bonuses dependent on overall company performance,
- Meal vouchers and flexible benefits scheme (contribution to leisure time activities) and free Multisport card,
- Extra 5 days of paid leave,
- Three sick days per year,
- Annual flight credit vouchers and optional VIP Medical Care,
- A very friendly work environment where dogs are welcome, and which offers free refreshments, gym, fitness courses, sauna, and relaxing zones.
We are a great team of passionate and fun-loving people from across the globe who you’ll love working with. We look forward to you joining our team buildings and parties!
This role is only open to candidates eligible to work within the EU. Kiwi.com is unable to provide work visa sponsorship for this role.