is an important player in the travel industry with modern technology and a unique product. To support the growth and new innovative initiatives we are looking for a Frontend Engineer who will have an important role in shaping the future of kiwi.com
The Frontend Platform team has the mission to make frontend developers at Kiwi.com happy and productive!
’s 9 years of existence, some of our frontend codebases have accumulated tech debt, and we help the feature teams deal with it. This time round, we take the time to solve the issues at hand more sustainably, however complex or difficult they may be.
What’s it like to work with us?
- We strive as much as we can to maintain a consistent, stable and performant tech stack across teams to increase team velocity, ease team mobility and lower maintenance burden.
- Through sharing knowledge and educating frontend developers on libraries, tools and best practices, we strive to steer everyone towards the same vision.
- To allow feature teams to focus on delivering features for our customers, we maintain common functionality for our frontends and bridge the gap when it comes to infrastructure.
- We often write software design documents to shape our plans and get buy-in from other stakeholders.
- Communicating with people is indeed a big part of our job.
- Finally, we’re always on the lookout for and stay curious about new technologies and practices that could improve our current codebases (and of course, we try and stay mindful of the pitfalls of jumping on the hype train…).
Our ideal colleague:
- Communicates clearly with all the stakeholders.
- Is an enthusiastic learner and mentor.
- Values honesty and transparency.
- Loves to get their hands dirty.
- Has opinions and keeps an open mind.
- Thrives in cross team collaboration.
Technology you will use:
- React, Next.js, styled-components
- Jest, Testing library, Cypress
- Babel, ESlint, Webpack, TypeScript
- Docker, Kubernetes, GCP
- GitLab CI
- Sentry, Datadog
Salary starting from 2 500 EUR gross depending on relevant experience and skills.
We offer you
•Besides a motivating salary, we offer quarterly bonuses dependent on the company’s overall results and your own performance
•We also enjoy benefits, such as meal vouchers, 20+5 days vacation, sick days, Multisport card.
•Flight vouchers to celebrate your kiwi anniversaries.
•Occasional work from home and/or our modern office located in Zuckermandel where you can enjoy sleeping spots, chillout zones, free refreshments, parking for car/bicycle/motorbike.
•Hardware from Apple or Microsoft based on your preferences.
•Relocation package (including visa support).
•We offer unlimited contracts within a forward-thinking and ambitious company.
•Dogs, kids, and parties are welcome in our offices.
Interested? Join us and hack the traditional ways of travel!
Kiwi.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.