The position is based in Košice, where we are building a new engineering hub. However, you can also work remotely from any other hub (Brno, Prague, Barcelona, Bratislava). Be part of it and help us to shape it!
The main mission of the Infrastructure Platform Engineer role is to find and develop software solutions to increase the productivity of developers from an infrastructure point of view. This will be done mainly by creating building blocks of parts of the infrastructure, which could help developers to set up new projects easily.
What will you do:
- Actively help engineering teams to get over their roadblocks.
- Support the engineering teams by consulting best practices and how to onboard them.
- Provide seamless starting of new software projects, mainly by developing automated building blocks.
- Transform manual work to automation.
- Be aware of our current infrastructure and actively seek/test/push new technologies.
- Responsibility for small/mid-sized features.
- Be able to provide internal support for at least one of our domains (Cloud/Terraform/Kubernetes/Networks/Bare-metals, ..)
- Initiate ideas, tasks.
- Do code-reviews
What we expect:
- Fluent in English (both oral and written)
- Experience with Cloud (AWS, GCP etc.)
- Experience with managing fleet of bare-metal linux servers (Ansible, Chef, ..)
- Knowledge of how CI/CD works (GitlabCI/CircleCI/Spinnaker/..)
- Hands on experience with Container runtime and Container orchestration
- Familiar with technologies we use, such as Kubernetes, Service mesh, Terraform, Datadog, PostgreSQL
- Familiar with CDN/WAF technologies
- Awareness of serverless technologies
- Love for automation, passionate about Cloud technologies and IaC (Infrastructure as Code)
- Willingness to help people to deliver new/current features/products faster/better
- Communication skills – needs to understand/listen/talk to people, help them with everyday problems/issues
- Analytical mind, attention to details
- You have the option to work from our cozy, coworking space in Košice, alternatively from home. We do not have any fixed rules #freedom
- We are investing a lot of time and effort to promote our people, you have a chance to become an ambassador of our growing community at Kiwi.com (specifically for Košice) and have a direct impact on the future of the branch.
- Senior position monthly base salary is starting at 1,900 EUR.
- Do not be turned off by the seniority of the position, we also have openings on the mid and junior levels.
We offer you
•The opportunity to join our Phantom Stock scheme.
•We give our employees a freedom to choose between the environment of work from home and our office located in Starport Coworking.
•We also enjoy benefits, such as meal vouchers, 25 days vacation, sick days, Multisport card, Employee Assistance Program.
•Flight vouchers to celebrate your kiwi anniversaries.
•The latest version of Hardware from Apple or Microsoft based on your preferences.
•Relocation package (including visa transfer support).
•We offer unlimited contracts within a forward-thinking and ambitious company.
•Dogs, kids, and parties are welcome in our offices.
Interested? Join us and hack the traditional ways of travel!
Kiwi.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.