What is the FinTech Tribe about?
We deal with all the monetary flows in Kiwi.com
. More precisely, we are a Tribe of developers inside Kiwi.com
in charge of building the pillars of everything that is directly or indirectly related to money. The services we build have a specific set of rules that might not be as mandatory in other areas. We can’t fail, even in streaks of high and unexpected demand.
What are we doing?
Do not think that because we are working with finance we will be using COBOL – we are passionate about new technologies, and we like our stack to be modern, we are using Python 3.6–3.9. With that mindset we are developing services and applications that are directly related to finances, highly available and with a little to no room for errors:
Payment gateways communication and negotiationFraud detection and ways to minimize fraud riskInvoicing and reconciliationTools for claims and finance departments
What can you learn here?
Cool new technologies and how to take a new service from idea to production, including software design and testing. We can extend your knowledge with business logic from the finance domain by:
Worldwide payment acquiringHow credit cards (virtual), alternative payment methods (ApplePAY, Revolut, etc.), 3DS workFraud detection, different types of fraudulent behaviourWhat is behind invoicing and payment reconciliation
- Be able to act as a technical leader of a project or initiative (translating requirements from non-engineers, communicating with multiple engineering teams, leading consensual discussions around technical design and architecture, providing estimates about complexity, etc.)
- Write stable, maintainable, and well tested code (trust us, it takes much longer to fix consequences than write actual tests)
- Be very attentive to details, be good at catching bugs early (keep in mind that the cost of error is high)
- Be fluent in Python
- Be ready to work with different libraries, programming concepts and Python versions
- Feel comfortable with Linux
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, CI/CD
- Experience with relational databases (both plain SQL and ORMs) and Redis
- Be familiar with best practices in microservices, OOP design patterns, queuing patterns, asynchronous programming (both asyncio and celery-like)
- Ability to quickly learn on your own – not being afraid to ask questions, experiment, fail, learn and eventually succeed
What we’ll consider an asset
- Willingness or even proven ability to teach more junior colleagues
- Experience with static analysis tools
- Experience with public cloud environment like GCP, AWS or AzureFamiliarity with some of our technologies: Flask, Falcon, FastAPI, Connexion, Celery, SQLAlchemy, PostgreSQL, Datadog, DockerAwareness of serverless technologies
- Passion for duck tests and typing
What’s it like to work at Kiwi.com?
- Distributed engineering teams
- We’re trying hard to be “practically agile”, typically using some version of Scrum (two weeks sprints, standups, planning, retrospective, refinements) or Kanban. Team can decide to a large extent about it’s own way of working.
- Fully remote or onsite work in one of our locations: Prague, Barcelona, Brno, Split, Bratislava, Košice.
- Direct cooperation with Product Managers, Fintech specialists, QA, UX/UI and other engineering teams.
- Daily releases and delivery.
We offer you
- The opportunity to join our Phantom Stock scheme.
- We give our employees a freedom to choose between the environment of work from home and our office located in Starport Coworking.
- We also enjoy benefits, such as meal vouchers, 25 days vacation, sick days, Multisport card, Employee Assistance Program.
- Flight vouchers to celebrate your kiwi anniversaries.
- The latest version of Hardware from Apple or Microsoft based on your preferences.
- Relocation package (including visa transfer support).
- We offer unlimited contracts within a forward-thinking and ambitious company.
- Senior position monthly base salary is starting at 3,600 EUR gross.
Interested? Join us and hack the traditional ways of travel!
Kiwi.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.