What is Finance Tribe about?
No, don’t worry, we are not accountants, but developers. More precisely we are the developers Tribe inside Kiwi.com
in charge of building the pillars of everything that is directly related to money, and because of that the services we build have a specific set or rules that might not be as mandatory in other areas. We can’t fail, even in streaks of high and unexpected demand.
What are we doing?
Do not think that because we are working with finance we will be using COBOL – we are passionate about new technologies and we like our stack to be modern, we are using Python 3.6/3.7. With that mindset we are developing services and applications that are directly related to finances, highly available and with a little to no room for errors:
• Payment gateways communication and negotiation
• Fraud detection and ways to minimize it
• Tools for claims and finance departments
• We are even building a duck robot
What can you learn here?
Cool new technologies and how to take a new service from idea to production, including software design and testing. We can extend your knowledge with business logic from the finance domain by:
• Worldwide payment acquiring
• How credit cards (virtual), alternative payment methods, 3DS work
• Fraud detection
• What is behind invoicing and payment reconciliation
- Write stable, maintainable, and well tested code (trust us, it takes much longer to fix consequences than write actual tests)
- 2+ years of experience in relevant web-based technologies
- Fluent in Python
- Comfortable with Linux
- Knowledge of Docker, CI/CD, and AWS or GCP
- Experience with relational databases and Redis
- Code design patterns
- Microservices best practices
- Self, quick and deep learning – not being afraid to experiment, fail, learn and eventually succeed
What we’ll consider an asset:
- Experience with static analysis tools
- Familiarity with some of our technologies: Flask, SQLAlchemy, AWS, PostgreSQL, coala, Datadog, Kubernetes
- Awareness of serverless technologies
- Passion for ducks tests and typing
We offer you
•Besides a motivating salary, we offer quarterly bonuses dependent on the company’s overall results and your own performance.
•We also enjoy benefits, such as flexible working hours, 30 paid vacation days, sick days, private medical insurance, Andjoy scheme, annual subscription for Biking (Smou).
•Flight vouchers to celebrate your kiwi anniversaries.
•Occasional work from home and/or our Office located in the centric cozy neighborhood (Sant Antoni) in Cloudworks coworking space where you can enjoy Kiwi.com’s private office space, two common terraces with great views, discounts on lunch meal providers, common coworking activities (yoga, games, etc.), free refreshments and shower.
•Hardware from Apple or Microsoft based on your preferences.
•We offer unlimited contracts within a forward-thinking and ambitious company.
•Relocation package (including visa support).
•Dogs and parties are welcome in our offices.
Interested? Join us and hack the traditional ways of travel!
Kiwi.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.