Senior Python Engineer for the FinTech tribe
What is the FinTech Tribe about?
We deal with all the monetary flows in Kiwi.com. More precisely, we are a Tribe of developers, payment specialists, business & data analysts and product magicians inside Kiwi.com in charge of building the pillars of everything that is directly or indirectly related to payments in Kiwi.com. Payments from our customers, payments to airlines and travel agencies, preventing fraudulent behavior, anything you can imagine in that matter, we’re involved.
Why is it fun?
Imagine we want to allow customers from all around the world to buy airline tickets, with ease, using all the payment methods available in different countries, with low costs, with speed, reliably, securely … We’re integrating payment gateways, modern payment methods like Revolut, fraud prevention systems, we’re trying to invent a smart routing mechanism between all those options. We’re passionate about modern tech stack currently based on Python 3.6–3.9, we’re striving for CI/CD, we’re trying hard to turn (already) complex system architecture into something we can simply maintain and reason about. We don’t apply only development skills, we need to analyze options, understand the difficulties of payment processes, understand security risks, speak to various 3rd party service providers, tightly collaborate with our beloved FinTech specialists who know so much about the world of payments, we need to closely monitor and operate our systems, our job is tough! … and that is fun 🙂
- Cool new technologies and how to take a new service from an idea to production, including software design and testing. We can extend your knowledge with various aspects from the finance domain, including:
- Worldwide payment acquiring.
- How credit cards (virtual), alternative payment methods (ApplePAY, Revolut, etc.), 3DS work.
- Fraud detection, different types of fraudulent behavior.
- What reconciliation means and why is it so difficult.
- Be able to act as a technical leader of a project or initiative (translating requirements from non-engineers, communicating with multiple engineering teams, leading consensual discussions around technical design and architecture, providing estimates about complexity, etc.).
- Write stable, maintainable, and well tested code (trust us, it takes much longer to fix consequences than write actual tests).
- Be very attentive to details, be good at catching bugs early (keep in mind that the cost of error is high).
- Be fluent in Python or know the basics of Python and be fluent in another modern programming language.
- Be ready to work with different libraries, programming concepts and Python versions.
- Feel comfortable with Linux.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, CI/CD.
- Experience with relational databases (both plain SQL and ORMs) and Redis.
- Be familiar with best practices in microservices, OOP design patterns, queuing patterns, asynchronous programming (both asyncio and celery-like).
- Ability to quickly learn on your own – not being afraid to ask questions, experiment, fail, learn and eventually succeed.
- Willingness or even proven ability to teach more junior colleagues.
- Experience with static analysis tools.
- Experience with public cloud environments like GCP, AWS or Azure.
- Familiarity with some of our technologies: Flask, Falcon, FastAPI, Connexion, Celery, SQLAlchemy, PostgreSQL, Datadog, K8s, Docker.
- Awareness of serverless technologies.
- Passion for duck tests and typing.
- Distributed engineering teams.
- We’re trying hard to be “practically agile”, typically using some version of Scrum (two weeks sprints, standups, planning, retrospective, refinements) or Kanban. Team can decide to a large extent about it’s own way of working.
- Fully remote or onsite work in one of our locations: Prague, Barcelona, Brno, Split, Bratislava, Košice.
- Direct cooperation with Product Managers, Fintech specialists, QA, UX/UI and other engineering teams.
- Daily releases and delivery.
- The opportunity to join our Phantom Stock scheme.
- We give our employees a freedom to choose between the environment of work from home and our modern office located in the centric neighbourhood (Passeig de Gràcia) in Cloudworks coworking space where you can enjoy Kiwi.com’s private office space, two common terraces with great views, common coworking activities (yoga, games, etc.), free refreshments and shower.
- We also enjoy benefits, such as flexible working hours, 30 paid vacation days, sick days, private medical insurance, Employee Assistance Program, GymForLess membership, the annual subscription for El Bicing.
- Flight vouchers to celebrate your kiwi anniversaries.
- The latest version of Hardware from Apple or Microsoft based on your preferences.
- We offer unlimited contracts within a forward-thinking and ambitious company.
- Relocation package (including visa transfer support).
- Dogs and parties are welcome in our offices.
What can you learn here?
What’s it like to work at Kiwi.com?
We offer you
Interested? Join us and hack the traditional ways of travel!
Kiwi.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.