The Senior Sales Manager (SSM) conducts partnership acquiring and maintaining actions to improve or secure the company’s distribution partners. The SSM has responsibility for signing and maintaining priority accounts, forecasting revenues and extending collaboration with Account Management, Legal, Finance, Development, Implementation and CS teams to ensure the ability of the company to deliver the expected value. He/She keeps an overview of market/region distribution industry trends and maintains a deep understanding of most partners, ideally leveraging on an existing personal network. The position requires true business acumen and strategic focus for main or key accounts based out of the designated region or business line.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Prospecting, market analysis, and contacting potential partners to achieve revenue growth targets.
- Communicating, negotiating, and integrating qualified priority partners to achieve agreement on the desired partnership set-up.
- Interacting at the Director level with partners.
- Basic data collection, report interpretation and analysis of the prospective business development opportunities.
- Facilitating successful implementation of the pre-agreed partnership conditions through both external and internal cross-department communication.
- Liaising continuously or on request with partners in support of Account Management.
- Exploring, spotting and utilising opportunities to expand the partnerships (upsell).
- Observing the performance of assigned accounts on a regular basis, spotting deviations (drops/increases), resolving issues once they occur, including risk mitigating activities.
- Driving first-hand all business cases per partner and facilitating internal projects related to business development.
- Delivering tasks delegated by a manager on time and reporting on the tasks and achievements.
- Keeping CRM system and reporting tools up-to-date on a weekly basis.
- Supporting and initiating cross-team and cross-department communication.
- Representing Kiwi.com at conferences, industry-related official events and partner meetings.
We would like to see you apply if you:
- Worked in a similar position for 8+ years.
- Have experience in distribution with OTA, TMC, Affiliate networks, eCommerce and/or Data Companies in North America.
- Are proficient in English (working language), and Spanish is a plus.
- Have an excellent command of intercultural business development.
- Have the following qualities: Clear focus, Can-Do attitude, Commitment, Resilience over time, Transparence, Company-first mindset, and Interpersonal skills.
- Have strategic thinking understanding and a financial-driven attitude.
We offer you
•The opportunity to join our Phantom Stock scheme.
•We also enjoy benefits, such as flexible working hours, 25 days of vacation, sick days, Gym membership, private medical care, protection benefit, pension benefit, dental insurance, life insurance, and Employee Assistance Program.
•Flight vouchers to celebrate your kiwi anniversaries.
•Hardware from Apple or Microsoft based on your preferences.
•We give our employees the freedom to choose between the environment of work from home and our modern office located in a coworking space in Chiswick Park.
Interested? Join us and hack the traditional ways of travel!
Kiwi.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.