enables millions of people to travel daily by disrupting the decades-old ways of traveling. We are focused on delivering a meaningful experience on a mission to make travel accessible to everyone globally.
As a Senior service designer, you will partner with the Director of Design, Researchers, Writers, Product Designers, Product Managers, and CX experts with a mission to improve both the user experience and the overall customer experience of Kiwi.com
‘s digital products and services across digital, physical, and human touchpoints.
This role is both strategic design/business thinking and hands-on design doing. You will move seamlessly from discovery research to workshops and mapping with product designers and stakeholders and effectively share the insights you uncover across the company with clearly defined action steps for improvement or innovation.
You will own and lead service blueprinting, customer journey mapping and work in cross-functional teams to serve and solve challenges with stakeholders.
Success in this role is measured by team and stakeholder evaluation, quality of the service, and user experience, including the business impact and ease of use.
What will you do
- Understand the existing service and design targeted improvements to the system to meet key business outcomes and craft highly relevant end-user experiences.
- Develop and prioritize initiatives with business objectives based on data-informed insights.
- Mapp customer interactions into descriptive and actionable service journey maps and blueprints and maintain the mappings.
- Visualizes information architectures and user paths/flows
- Identify and prioritize future service opportunities and propositions that meet user needs and deliver on business intentions.
- Help plan and execute research partnering with UX researchers, CX experts, market analysts and collaborate on synthesis sessions to identify opportunities.
- Actively work with the Data Team on supporting valuable insights from internal or external data sources.
- Collaborate with Product Designers and Service designers to deliver a coherent user experience across the whole product ecosystem.
- Iterate services based on findings and devise creative ways to prototype service concepts with people.
- Analyze failure within services and identify root causes for that failure.
- Collaborate closely with product, engineering, and business teams to set the product strategy and build the customer-facing product.
- Create “service innovation” that balances the business needs while meeting the goal of improved user or service experience.
- Facilitate workshops with peers and stakeholders and help them expand human-centered design skills.
- Communicate design solutions effectively and influence key stakeholders across the company.
- Advocate to and coach colleagues with less experience in Service Design in the tools and methods.
Who are you
- 3+ years in design consultancies or product companies using human insights to guide design work on a diverse set of complex, highly transactional, data-intensive digital products & services.
- Demonstrate well-rounded digital design skills with primary emphasis on information architecture, service mapping, and generative research with secondary abilities in interaction design and product thinking.
- Have documented services through service blueprints, customer journey maps, and diagrams
- Able to translate metrics and performance criteria into design principles and standards.
- Have prototyped services and recognized areas for improvement with the ability to point out blind spots and interdependencies.
- Excellent at facilitating collaborative strategic workshops
- Strong relationship-building skills to advocate ideas within the organization and move initiatives.
- Solid sensemaking skills to find meaning in data.
- You have a portfolio demonstrating your professional design capabilities and your design process.
Why it is worth it
- You will work on a unique digital product and service that disrupts the modern travel industry. The product serves hundreds of thousands of visitors a day.
- In our team, you will work with diverse groups of designers, researchers, and writers from various backgrounds and cultures (including the USA, Spain, Netherlands, Zimbabwe, Malaysia, and many others).
- Our design team is empowered and supported by the entire company.
- We have a lot of flexibility and independence while tackling our customers’ problems.
- Check more about our UX team on this link: bit.ly/meetKiwi
Sound like you? Get in touch
For us, being a member of the design team means solving problems. We research, prototype, test, and iterate. Get in touch if you feel that your background, experience, and enthusiasm are a natural match. Together we’ll solve problems for travelers around the world.
We look forward to meeting you.
We are always looking for product designers at multiple seniority levels. Based on our discussion during the hiring process, we will agree on which level you fit best within the Kiwi.com
Please consider that without attaching your portfolio to the application or CV, you most likely won’t be considered.
We offer you
•Besides a motivating salary, we offer quarterly bonuses dependent on the company’s overall results and your own performance
•We also enjoy benefits, such as meal vouchers, 20+5 days vacation, Cafeteria program, sick days, VIP Medical Care, multisport card.
•Flight vouchers to celebrate your kiwi anniversaries.
•Occasional work from home and/ or our modern office located in Karlín where you can enjoy sleeping spots, chillout zones, free refreshments, parking for car/bicycle/motorbike.
•Hardware from Apple or Microsoft based on your preferences.
•Relocation package (including visa support).
•We offer unlimited contracts within a forward-thinking and ambitious company.
•Dogs, kids, and parties are welcome in our offices.
•Grow.Kiwi program which supports parents and keeps them engaged with the company.
Interested? Join us and hack the traditional ways of travel!
Kiwi.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.