We are Kiwi.com – one of the most exciting Czech companies building a global flights directory, allowing customers to find and book the best and cheapest flights. We’re growing like crazy, expecting even more. To achieve that, we want to have a great team of motivated and fun individuals, who are not scared of a challenge or of tasks they may not have encountered before.
Using technology such as Python and Go, the developers in Bratislava concern themselves with Search, the Booking backend, and data platforms. Being relatively close to Kiwi.com’s head office in Brno means they’re very active in our hackathons and community workshops. Bratislava’s historical core is pretty, and is just down the road from Vienna if you fancy an easy city break!
What will be your responsibilities?
- Develop high-quality software that is aligned with user needs and business goals
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Review and debug code
- Perform validation and verification testing
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to improve products
- Document development phases and monitor systems
- Ensure software is up-to-date with the latest technologies
- Discovery: Your specification is clear and understandable to the whole engineering audience, you can do rough estimates and evaluate risks of a project. You are able to do analysis of big projects that go across 5+ teams and more.
- Design and architecture: You can design sustainable solutions to a problem in the scope of multiple teams and services.
- Technologies: You are able to evaluate several technologies and choose the best one for your team’s applications.
- Integration and coding: You actively investigate more solutions for problems at hand and can choose the best one to fulfill business needs. You can estimate coding/integration complexity and work in a predictable and trackable way. Your code is rarely buggy, if there are, you fix them ASAP.
- Testing: You are able to create end-to-end or performance tests, where necessary. You can set up a testing suite for multiple projects.
- Debugging: You are able to debug problems that span across code, db, network, deployments.
- Monitoring & alerting: You have an overview of existing monitoring and alerting tools and you can integrate these tools. You understand the team’s metrics in detail, company metrics and related team’s metrics on a higher level. You know what to do when an alert comes.
- CI/CD: You know different deployment categories & strategies. You are able to set up and configure CI/CD pipelines respecting SLI/SLO requirements.
- Maintenance: You can do complex refactoring within the repository. You optimize low quality code in order to boost performance or developer’s experience.
- Database & model: You can optimize query performance and you can adjust database configuration.
- Network: You understand and use correctly basic HTTP methods (GET, POST, etc.), status codes, headers, user agents.
- Unix: You have advanced user knowledge of unix commands, you can operate docker via command line (run and manage containers, build images, etc.).
- Scope: You can own, design and develop projects crossing several services and teams (100+ MDs).
Soft skills and experience:
- Delivery: You collaboratively roadmap large tracks of work with reliable estimates of time, effort, and risk, and you help ensure your team can hit deadlines.
- Initiative: You are proactive in dealing with obstacles affecting several teams. You come up with improvements, get buy-in from others and deliver them till the end.
- Leadership: You can lead several teammates on a project basis.
- Collaboration: You collaborate effectively with your teammates and with others outside your team, with engineers and with people in other roles (e.g. PMs, designers, managers). You encourage collaboration among others. You give and proactively ask for constructive feedback.
- Continuous learning: You always want to improve and you are looking for personal development opportunities. You actively promote and support a continuous learning approach within the team.
- Experience: You graduated with a master degree in computer science or you have at least 3 years of experience in the IT industry.
- Domain knowledge: You have general overview of travel industry and brief overview of Kiwi.com product.
Why does it rocks to be at Kiwi.com?
- We deploy immediately after a job is completed, not after months of QA
- Do, fail, learn – repeat! We understand that mistakes happen and we learn fast
- We decide which cutting-edge technologies are appropriate for the task
- We love contributing to and using Open Source
- We visit and speak at conferences and tech events worldwide
- We code at hackathons and other competitions
- We support the local tech community
- We use our work time wisely with a very friendly vacation policy and work schedule, unlimited HO
- Besides a fair salary, we can also look forward to quarterly bonuses dependent on our performance
Interested? Join us and hack the traditional ways of travel.
Salary starting from 2 500 EUR gross depending on relevant experience and skills.