In this role, you will have a chance to work in a great team and in the HQ of Kiwi.com which is doing business in the specific market. You will get a chance to see how taxes abroad look like so every day will be different and you will never be bored with us.
As a Senior Tax Specialist, you will ensure compliance with tax requirements for all entities within the Kiwi.com Group. You will actively identify tax risks and propose solutions while working within the Tax Team and support other departments as needed with advice and guidance.
Also, we focus on the career and personal development of our employees by continuous training and budget to boost up your qualifications.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparing or reviewing regular tax filings (main responsibility for VAT and CIT, WHT and others) and assuring general Kiwi.com statutory compliance.
- Supporting Head of Tax with tax planning and structuring.
- Leading various tax/accounting projects and participating in cross-department projects.
- Based on reviewing data and random checks finding potential tax issues and suggesting and implementing internal controls.
- Creating and maintaining tax methodology and tax guidelines.
- Overseeing intercompany transactions and ensuring tax impacts of such transactions.
- Reviewing contracts from the tax perspective and being the focal point for tax advice for other departments.
- Monitoring judgments and amendments to laws in the field of taxation.
- Acting as a stand-in for the team manager when necessary and helping with onboarding and mentoring your colleagues
We would like to see you apply if you have:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in the tax field (tax advisory/internal tax role)Solid knowledge of accounting principles, CZ GAAP and CZ tax legislation, mainly CIT and VAT.
- Experience with international taxation and transfer pricing is a plus.
- Degree in economics, ideally in finance/accounting. Being a member of The Chamber of Tax Advisors of the Czech Republic is a big advantage.
- Excellent English and Czech/Slovak language.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, and good analytical thinking, which helps you analyze data and present them.
- Attention to detail balanced with swift execution, you can prioritize and always keep your can-do attitude.
- Solution-oriented personality and want to be the trigger of the improvements within the tax area at Kiwi.com.
- Excellent communication skills and if you are able to interact with colleagues on all seniority levels.
- Passion to share your knowledge and mentor junior colleagues
We offer you
•Besides a motivating salary, we offer quarterly bonuses dependent on the company’s overall results and your own performance.
•Occasional work from home and/ or our modern office located in ZET Nová Zbrojovka with in-house sauna, gym, masseur, sleeping spots, canteen, showers, chillout zones, free refreshments, Rebelbeans coffee, garage for cars/motorbikes/bicycles.
•We enjoy benefits, such as meal vouchers, 20+5 days of paid vacation, Cafeteria, sick days, VIP Medical Care, multisport card, career development framework. We offer unlimited contracts within a forward-thinking and ambitious company.
•We’re rewarding Kiwis with flight vouchers to celebrate their Kiwi anniversaries.
•Grow.Kiwi program which supports parents and keeps them engaged with the company.
Interested? Join us and hack the traditional ways of travel!
Kiwi.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.