In the role of Tax Specialist, you will be part of our Tax Team. You will ensure compliance with tax requirements for entities within the Kiwi.com Group. Your specialization will be VAT, however, your tasks will be variable based on company needs. As our headquarter is located in Brno you will solve various tasks from different tax/accounting areas (incl. foreign) so you cannot expect monotonous days in Kiwi.
You will actively identify tax risks and propose solutions while working within the Tax Team and support other departments on the needed basis with advice and guidance.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Submitting of CZ VAT, supporting foreign tax advisors with filling VAT of other EU entities.
- Participating in various internal tax projects.
- Reviewing accounting data, performing random checks to find potential issues and suggesting internal controls, and implementing them.
- Monitoring judgments and amendments to laws in the field of taxation.
- Overseeing intercompany transactions in relation to their nature and risk profile and ensuring tax impacts of such transactions are properly dealt with.
- Training members of the accounting team in the tax area.
- Being the focal point for tax advice for other departments.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in the tax field (tax advisory/internal tax role).
- Knowledge of Czech VAT legislation.
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles and CZ GAAP and CZ tax legislation
- Degree in economics, ideally in finance/accounting.
- Advanced English (B2/C1) and ideally, speak fluent Czech/Slovak.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, and good analytical thinking, which helps you analyze data and present them.
- Attention to detail balanced with swift execution, you can prioritize and always keep your can-do attitude.
- Solution-oriented personality and want to be the trigger of the improvements within the tax area at Kiwi.com.
- Excellent communication skills and if you are able to interact with colleagues on all seniority levels.
This could be either a full-time or part-time (70%).
We offer you
•Besides a motivating salary, we offer quarterly bonuses dependent on your performance and the company’s results.
•Work from home and/ or our modern office located in ZET Nová Zbrojovka with gym, masseur, sleeping spots, canteen, showers, chillout zones, free refreshments, Rebelbeans coffee, garage for cars/motorbikes/bicycles.
•We enjoy benefits, such as meal vouchers, 20+5 days of paid vacation, Cafeteria, sick days, VIP Medical Care, multisport card, career development framework. We offer unlimited contracts within a forward-thinking and ambitious company.
•We’re rewarding Kiwis with flight vouchers to celebrate their Kiwi anniversaries.
•Grow.Kiwi program which supports parents and keeps them engaged with the company.
Interested? Join us and hack the traditional ways of travel!
Kiwi.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.