We are looking for the Head of Global communications who is responsible for communicating the Kiwi.com brand narrative, product innovation and commercial achievements to customers and partners. Reporting to the VP of Brand and Communications this role is for an expert in media relations and who is skilled at generating stories of interest for appropriate market segments.
You will manage press announcements and engagements to different stakeholders including the general press, travel and leisure industry, technology sector and investors. You will deliver and manage a comprehensive communication plan which encompasses the various sectors and will be able to set up effective communication channels for each. As part of your responsibilities, you will manage Kiwi.com’s public relations agencies and internal writers working on press-related assignments.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Achieving media reach targets, sentiment coverage targets and brand awareness & brand affinity targets.
- Pursuing opportunities of Kiwi.com to distribute it’s messaging and injecting Kiwi.com USP in related articles as measured by mentions of key phrases.
- Monitor progress and KPIs across the general press, industry sectors, technology publications, and the investor community.
- Development of a comprehensive communication plan which is aligned with Kiwi.com’s strategic plans, product roadmap, and commercial aspirations.
- Develop a crisis management communication plan and educate key stakeholders about their role and ensure the organization is ready to execute the plan if needed.
- Building an agile communications team that is able to initiate and react to various business demands in an efficient manner. As well as managing external suppliers.
- Preparing company representatives for public and media engagements. This will include the preparation of briefings, talking points, presentations, and media training.
- Work on sustainability and charitable activities, advise and help launch activities to demonstrate our commitment in line with the brand guidelines.
We would like to see you apply if:
- You have at least 5 years of experience working as a communication manager or at a senior role in a communications agency.
- You were working at least 2 years in corporate role managing communications, preferably for a technology company with global marketing reach.
- You possess excellent communication skills and great writing skills (a writing assignment will be required as part of the hiring process).
- You have experience working with executives and preparing corporate presentation material.
- You possess strong business acumen and the ability to interact on senior levels.
- You are proficient in PowerPoint / Google slide software.
- You have a proven track record of managing teams and stakeholders across multiple disciplines and locations.
- You are a good listener as well as a confident communicator who values the benefits of teamwork and knows how to get the best from their peers and team members.
- You are happy to join us in one of our European offices – London, Barcelona, Brno, Prague or Bratislava.
What we have for you:
We like to think we are a fun bunch to work with, and you will get to see how a young, vibrant yet global company disrupts the travel industry. You will work in one of the most promising tech companies (awarded Forbes Startup of 2017, Super-brand Award 2017, Deloitte Technology Fast 50 – the fastest growing technological company in Central Europe), and we will give you:
- Quarterly financial bonuses dependent on overall company performance,
- Meal vouchers and flexible benefits scheme (contribution to leisure time activities) and free Multisport card,
- Three sick days per year,
- Annual flight credit vouchers and optional VIP Medical Care,
- A very friendly work environment where dogs are welcome, and which offers free refreshments, gym, fitness courses, sauna, and relaxing zones.
We are a great team of passionate and fun-loving people from across the globe who you’ll love working with. We look forward to you joining our team buildings and parties!
Your manager to be